In the summer, everyone is showing more skin and wants to look good. You don’t just want a hot bikini bod – you want to look fresh, put-together, fashionable, and hot (but not literally) all the time. The summer should be about relaxation, so you also don’t want to have to put in a lot of hard work to achieve the look. Never fear – there are a lot of products to help you. Here are the most essential beauty tools that will help you look your best all summer long.
Tag Archives: tips
Nothing spells class, elegance, and eternal style more than the timeless little black dress (fondly called the LBD). Just throw in the right accessories, shoes, and hairstyle, and you can never go wrong with wearing a LBD in almost any occasion. It is so versatile that you can wear it with a tailored jacket during the day at work and rock it all by itself during your night out with friends. A lot of fashion experts recommend the LBD as a must-have for any woman’s wardrobe basics.
LBD For Everyone
The great thing about LBDs is that anyone can wear them: whether you’re on the thin or heavy side, there’s always a LBD that will perfectly complement your best features.
Here are quick tips on what LBD style suits each body type:
1. Thin – The most flattering style for the thin-figured woman is to wear a LBD that has more texture such as ruffles, statement sleeves, and a cinched waistline to give the illusion of a curvaceous figure. Layered LBDs also suit the thin-framed as the design adds more volume to the body.
2. Tall – Tall-framed women can effortlessly get away with wearing floor-sweeping LBDs that run the length from their necks down to their ankles. A maxi-styled LBD suit tall women as this beautifully highlights the elongated figure and makes them appear slimmer and more slender.
3. Petite – LBDs that do not go below the knee are what suits petite women best. Short LBDs will give you the illusion of longer legs, so choose a dress that end midway toward or just above your knee. For petite women, LBDs with fringes or ruffles add drama to your overall look–however, do not choose added frills that are too heavy and big (such as big ribbons and large sleeves) so as not to overwhelm your small frame.
4. Curvy Hips – If you’ve got it, flaunt it, as they say. Pick a LBD that’s figure-hugging in order to accentuate the curves of your hips. Choose dresses in stretchy and light fabric since these types of fabric are what cling on to the body the most, as opposed to heavy cloth.
5. Wide Waist – If you have a wide waist, you can easily disguise it with a LBD that cinches just below the chest area (more like an empire-cut) or a LBD that has a flowy skirt. Or, you can also opt for those dresses that have drop waist designs—this cut perfectly disguises a thick waist with you still looking elegant and classy.
6. Flabby Arms – Who says you can’t rock a LBD just because you have heavy arms? You can still get away with wearing this timeless dress by adding flimsy and sheer sleeves to your outfit. Add sexy touches to your main dress by choosing a lower neckline perhaps, and drape your sheer fabric over your shoulders and let it flow just below your elbow level for that mysterious, elegant look.
7. Big Bust – You wouldn’t want to wear a dress that makes you look like you are going to tip over. It is always sexy to accentuate a big bust without actually revealing too much. You can do this by wearing turtle-neck LBDs with the upper part ending in stitches or a belt just below the chest area. You can also draw attention away from your full bust and showcase your legs in a short LBD, for instance. Subtle highlighting is always classy.
8. Small Bust – Not too worry if you have a small bust—it is actually those women with smaller bust who gets the better fit for a wide variety of dresses. If you want to put more volume on your bust area, pick LBDs with a busy texture around the chest area such as embellishments, ribbons, brooches, or simple ruffles.
9. Too Thin/Too Heavy Legs – Draw attention away from your legs by wearing a LBD that drops midway down toward your ankle. Accentuate your other assets such as arms and neck by wearing LBD cuts that reveal these parts of your body. Complete your look by wearing killer pumps that will attrack attention away from your legs and toward your shoes.
With the right kind of LBD for your body type, you are well on your way to gracefully and effortlessly wearing the eternally trendy LBDs no matter what occasion you find yourself in. After all, the little black dress has been around since the 1920s–and will surely be around for the next several decades to come.
Janice Johnson is a published book and magazine writer for both online and print media like “kleitas“. She has written articles on a wide range of topics, including fashion shopping, relationships, work ethics, beauty solutions, and mental health.